Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Midwest Educational Computing Technology Conference - St. Charles, Missouri


This is the second year that I have attending the METC Conference in St. Charles, Missouri and it is a great conference. This year it was held at the St. Charles Convention Center - a beautiful location for this event. A total of six teachers from Liberty attended and we drove in Monday night.

I gave two presentations at the conference - "Using Web 2.0 in the Classroom" and "Hardtack to Hard Drives - The Guerrilla Season Book Blog Project". My first session, the one on Web 2.0, was packed with people standing in the back. I felt good to connect with so many teachers and I had numerous questions and positive comments after the session. The second session on the book blog had fewer people but they had some great questions.

I also attended some great sessions on digital storytelling, the Library of Congress online resources and using wikis. Rem Jackson and David Warlick gave the two keynote addresses.

No comments: