Wednesday, October 10, 2007

2007 Missouri Humanities Council Governor Award


My mom, Pat Langhorst, and I outside of the Governor's Mansion in Jefferson City. (Photo by Brad Armstrong)



2007 Governor's Humanities Award Winners at the Governor's Mansion in Jefferson City


Today I was honored to receive the Governor's Humanities Award from the Missouri Humanities Council. I was nominated by several individuals from Liberty for my work with the local historical museum and organizations. The event was held at the Governor's Mansion in Jefferson City.

I was especially happy to have my mom, Pat Langhorst, in attendance as she drove down from Nebraska at attend. Also attending were my principals - Dr. Brad Armstrong and Dr. Julie Gawerecki. Other friends making the trip were Mr. and Mrs. John Ricker and Mr. and Mrs. Jim Berkley.

It was an enjoyable evening and a great opportunity to met and learn about some great projects taking place across the state in the field of history and the humanities. Special thanks also to Michael Bouman and Beth Felice. Learn more about the Missouri Humanities Council and check out their blog.


Accepting the Governor's Humanitarian Award


Dr. Julie Gawerecki - South Valley Jr. High Assistant Principal, Eric Langhorst, Dr. Brad Armstrong - Principal South Valley Jr. High School



Accepting the Governor's Humanitarian Award

No comments: